The Chocolate MINT Foundation MINTCARES COVID Emergency Assistance Program provides rental assistance for households impacted by COVID-19 that live in the City of Dallas.   All documentation submitted is kept strictly confidential.  Submitting an application does NOT guarantee funding.

Please note the following restrictions:

  1. Assistance is available City of Dallas Residents ONLY
  2. Assistance for late fees  will not be included.
  3. Depending on eligibility, assistance may be provided for up to three (3) months.  Only the amount of your base rent upto $1,500/month, ($4,500 total) will be provided.  
  4. Payments will be made directly to the landlord to be credited to the account indicated in the application.  Payments will not be made to the applicant.  
  5. Assistance is not available to residents of public housing or Section 8 voucher holders.
  6. Assistance is not available to families living in units owned by immediate family members. Immediate family ties include (whether by blood, marriage or adoption) the spouse, parent (including a stepparent), child (including a stepchild), brother, sister (including a stepbrother or stepsister), grandparent, grandchild, and inlaws.

Please note the following requirements:

  1. Households must show they have been directly financially impacted by COVID-19.
  2. Applicants must be a resident of City of Dallas
  3. Each adult in the household (18 yrs and over) must submit proof of income documentation - paystubs etc. - upload on 'Documents' tab.  Those who cannot, must submit a signed Letter of Explanation located in the 'Documents' tab.  
  4. All adult members of the household (18 yrs and over) must submit one (1) months' proof of income BEFORE (pre-March 1, 2020) & AFTER (post-March 16, 2020) being financially impacted by COVID-19. This includes complete pay stubs, Social Security/SSI, Pension, Unemployment benefits, Retirement, Disability, etc.  Those who cannot provide documentation of income, must submit a signed Letter of Explanation, located in the 'Documents' tab.
  5. Self-Employed applicants must provide documentation to show the difference of income before and after being finally impacted by COVID-19.  Documentation of required business closing and pre-post COVID banking account statements fulfill this requirement.
  6. Proof of current enrollment for household adults (18 yrs and over) who are full time High School or College students must be submitted.  Does not apply to the Head of Household.
  7. If applying for Utility Assistance, applicants must submit the utility bill(s) for the month(s) assistance is being requested.  
  8. Rental assistance, applicants must submit their lease agreement and ledger from leasing office for the month(s) assistance is being requested.

To apply click the "APPLY NOW" button.


Sign up to receive MINT news, event notifications and monthly newsletters.